The Dash for the Beads is a non-profit organization that conducts an annual 5K, 10K, and 1mile fun run in Oak Cliff. The proceeds from the event are used to support youth in the areas of health and fitness and arts and music.
In 2018, the Dash for the Beads (DFB) organization will award grants to local organizations that support the above areas of interest. There will be three (2) categories of grants:
- Program: Organizations can apply for up to $5,000 for program grants supporting the above areas.
- Capital: Organizations can apply for up to $10,000 for capital grants (see explanation below) supporting the above areas.
If your organization wishes to apply for one of these grants, please read the following information carefully. If you have questions, please contact us and we will reply as soon as possible.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUBMISSION
- Must support youth in the Oak Cliff area of Dallas
- Must be a registered 501C(3) organization – provide Tax ID Number
- Schools may apply through a PTA or similar parent-led group that supports the local school.
- Other non-profit organizations may apply also.
- Grant support will be considered for the following programs or projects:
- Youth athletics, health and fitness programs
- Youth arts and music programs
- Capital projects such as: play-grounds, sports fields, theatre enhancements, or any physical project that supports health, fitness, arts, or music.
- Submissions of a proposal for your program or capital project must be submitted online by March 1, 2018. Proposals should include:
- Online Grant Proposal Form
- Completed Grant questions
- Program or Capital budget itemizing the expenses of the program or project.
- IRS Tax Determination Letter
CRITERIA TO DETERMINE AWARDS
The following criteria will be used by the organization to determine the awards:
- Demonstration of Need
- Overall impact of the program or project
- Clarity of purpose (as presented in the Application)
- Alignment with DFB mission – youth programs or capital projects supporting health and fitness; and arts and music.
- Participation and/or volunteer support in DFB event.
While programs do not have to meet every criterion for submission, stronger consideration will be given to proposals that most closely align with each of these criteria. Number and size of grants awarded will be determined by the DFB organizational board and is based on revenues from the Dash for the Beads Event.